The SOE's student-centered Career Services team is committed to providing a comprehensive and tailored suite of services and resources. Students and alumni are supported through their journies to achieve and maintain lifelong career success.
One-on-One Career Advising
During one-on-one advising appointments, career advisors can help current students and alumni with a range of topics including career planning and exploration, resume and cover letter development, job search strategies, interview preparation, networking, and certification renewals.
Career Workshops and Events
Students and alumni have many opportunities to attend workshops, panels, job fairs, and other events focused on interview skills, networking, and job searches. In addition, alumni and professional partners join the career services team to provide personal insights into career paths in education.
Resources for Employers
As an employer, you want to recruit from the country’s best-prepared graduates in education. The School of Education consistently lands among the top education schools, as ranked by U.S. News and World Report.
Workshops & Programs
The SOE Career Services team offers a variety of programs and workshops throughout each semester. Topics covered include resume and cover letter writing, internship and job search, interview preparation, certification renewal, job fair preparation, and networking.
Check out a sampling of events that are hosted by Career Services:
- EDUStaff Teacher Training Session
- What Happens Next? Advice from Alumni Teachers
- Understanding your Michigan Teaching Certification
- Teacher Job Search Boot Camp Part 1: Prepping for the Search
- Teacher Job Search Boot Camp Part 2: Finding the Perfect Job
- Teacher Job Search Boot Camp Part 3: Acing the Interview
- Brown Bag: Recent CSHPE Grads and the Final Interview
- K-12 Education Job Fair
- Teacher ePorfolio Series: Administrator Review and Q&A
- Teacher ePorfolio Series: Walk-in Workshop
- Teacher ePortfolio Series: Introduction to ePortfolios
- Gearing Up for the K-12 Job Fair
- UCC/SOE Clothes Closet
- What's the Difference? Public, Private, Charter School Panel
- International Teaching Information Session
- Beyond the Academic Job Search: Coaching, Consulting, and Other Uses for a Degree in Higher Education
Current students and alumni should log into EdWorks to view a complete listing of career events and RSVP to attend.
2018 First Destination Survey Highlights
The First Destination Surveys provide a snapshot of graduates' job searches and employment upon completion of their degree programs.
Center for the Study of Higher and Postsecondary Education
Educator Preparation Program
State Certification Requirements
Requesting program verification
Most states require verification that a teacher certification or licensing candidate has completed a state-approved program. To verify completion of your program at the SOE, please submit a program verification request form, which includes completion of the applicant information at the top of the appropriate State Program Verification Form. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.