Professional Learning Project Examples
Workshop content may be modified to fit the audience and time frame. Please contact CEDER with questions and for scheduling a workshop for your team.
Logic Model Preparation
Evaluation Specialists from CEDER are available to provide a half-day workshop on the use and development of logic models.
The workshop will include information on how to create and use logic models in an evaluation process. Participants will be asked to create a logic model using a current project or program they are currently working on. A pre-workshop survey will be distributed to gather information on participant background and need.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to
- describe each component of a logic model;
- create a logic model for a program;
- identify ways of using logic models in their programs.
Data Intake and Cleaning Workshop
After completing this workshop, the participant will
- have experience with importing excel, text, and .csv files into Stata. The participant will also know how to troubleshoot importing data into Stata;
- learn a process for systematically intaking and cleaning data such that the original data is preserved, and the data is ready for analysis in Stata;
- be able to clean numerical, categorical, and string data in Stata;
- have experience with handling missing and ambiguous values in original data sources;
- have experience with setting up a .do file structure that encourages heavily annotated code;
- have experience with a .do file tracking system that allows a researcher to follow their code from data intake, cleaning, and analysis.
Connect with us
Campus and Mailing Address
University of Michigan – School of Education
Center for Education Design, Evaluation, and Research
610 East University Ave, Suite 1033
Ann Arbor, MI 48109