Spring Commencement 2017
Kappa Delta Pi
To be eligible for a KDP honor cord you must be a member of KDP:
- Average 25 participation points for each semester that you are involved in KDP - e.g. a senior who joined KDP in fall 2016 would need 100 points by graduation. Points are earned by volunteering at KDP events, attending meetings, donating books, chairing events, etc.
- Members must be involved in KDP for at least two semesters.
To be accepted to KDP:
- Undergraduates must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or greater.
- Graduate students must have an overall grade point average of 3.25 or greater.
- KDP officers will review point totals by mid-April to determine who is eligible for cords and will notify recipients directly.
- KDP distributes the honor cords. Recipients will be informed of this process in their notification letters.
The colors of the cords are purple and green. Please contact KDP Chapter President Kaitlin Koselansky (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any further questions.
Dean's Award for Academic Excellence
These School of Education seniors have attained academic distinction by establishing the highest university-wide grade-point averages among all School of Education undergraduate degree recipients. These students are signified in the academic procession by the wearing of a light blue and gold braid.
All Other Non-School of Education Programs
Please check the honor cord requirements for your specific program. If you meet the honor cord requirements please contact that program for information on how to attain a cord for graduation.