Teacher & Administrator Certification

Certification with degree from another unit

Secondary Certification (grades 6-12)

University of Michigan students who wish to become secondary teachers have the option of remaining in their home unit (the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, for example) for their degree while obtaining certification through the School of Education. Alternatively, you may transfer into the School of Education to receive your degree and certification.

Music Education (grades K-12)

This program prepares students for music teacher certification in grades K-12.  The music education program is open to undergraduate and post-bachelor of arts students.  To learn more about this program, please contact the Department of Music Education.